Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Log July 8, 2010

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000155 EndHTML:0000007942 StartFragment:0000000472 EndFragment:0000007925
Date Minutes Spent Tagging Activity Notes TAG Points Comments/ Lessons learned
07/08/10 3 Karate We reviewed the new technique that Tayja leaned in class last night.

The kid was tired and grumpy.

We did not work very long.
Captured Twigs goes from a horse stance to a twisting close cat stance.

Tag point: Twirling Cat
We worked on 3 different techniques today. One was new.

Each day we will add one or two.

I like start Karate with the newest while
the Kidlet is fresh.

First I had
the Kidlet write the techniques in her notebook and write what it is self defense against.

We skipped watching a video clip of an expert preform the new technique because the teacher went over it in class last night.

Then
the Kidlet read out loud how to preform the technique.

Then I read out loud to
the Kidlet how to preform the techniques while she slowly went though the steps.

Lastly she preformed it a couple of times with me or her saying the steps before adding any tag points.

For the one of new, I tagged the cat stance in the middle of the technique.

We worked for about 15 minutes and quit before we did all of the review techniques because
The Kidlet was seriously grumpy.

She did not get enough sleep last night.

She was NOT happy that we stopped early so I gave her a choice, do one more technique (there was no way either of us would have survived doing all the were left to review), read a book or play in her room for 10 minutes.

She picked playing.
07/08/10
Project Assessment The Kidlet is tired and grumpy today.

She was rude, distracted and mean at her tennis class this morning.
I have filled my pockets with small prizes and tokens.

I will mark the good stuff with a smile, an acknowledgment and maybe a prize or a token
The only “tagging” that I will be doing the rest of the day will be to mark the behaviors I'd like to see – politeness, smiles, consideration, self-starting, etc.
07/08/10 12 Citizenship I was working to end the day on a good note. I marked about 35 occurrences of good behavior, smiling, politeness, removing her plate from the table, etc that happen during a six hour period. The Kidlet told me that her very bad day got much better as it went on.

She said that she was feeling tired and grumpy in the morning but ended up having a great day.

From my point of view, the more she was tagged, the less grumpy she became.

No comments: