Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Log July 5, 2010

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000155 EndHTML:0000004865 StartFragment:0000000472 EndFragment:0000004848
Date Minutes Spent Tagging Activity Notes TAG Points Comments/ Lessons learned
07/05/10 15 Karate The Kidlet has to know 25 self-defense techniques by July 24 for her next belt. We started with the techniques that she knows so that we can clean them up.

She is not doing the four steps to the kicks. The steps are up, out, in down.

She forgets to keep her hands up to protect her face. That is called a check.

We are went though as many as she could remember ten times each and for the first five times I marked a tag point.

The last five were at full speed with me attacking her, for her to start getting them in to muscle memory without me marking a tag point.

Today's tag points are:

Tag Point: Check

Tag Point: up

Tag Point: out

Tag Point: in

Tag Pont: down

I marked with the word. "YES!"
We worked on 11 different techniques today. They are all things that she knew pretty well from class.

She asked if I'd tag her today.

We ended up with about 15 minutes of tagging in a 90 minute work session.

First I had Tayja write the techniques in her notebook and write what it is self defense against.

Then we watched a video clip of an expert preform the technique while talking through the steps.

Then
the Kidlet read out loud how to preform the technique.

Then I read out loud to
the Kidlet how to preform the techniques while she slowly went though the steps.

Lastly she preformed it a couple of times before adding any tag points.

About two hours later, while riding in the car, I told
the Kidlet the name of each techniques and she told me what it is a defense against.

Next she quizzed me on the attacks.

Next I told her the attacks and she answered with a technique.

This review took about 5 minutes.

No comments: