Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Log July 6, 2010

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000155 EndHTML:0000006796 StartFragment:0000000472 EndFragment:0000006779
Date Minutes Spent Tagging Activity Notes TAG Points Comments/ Lessons learned
07/06/10 10 Fastpitch Softball The Kidlet is learning to the windmill for fastpitch softball. Tag point: Statue of Liberty

Tag Point: Still shoulders

Tag point: Statue of Liberty

I used a clicker to mark the tags.
First we watched the first two drills on a Dvd called The Basics & fundamentals for the Windmill Pitcher.

The first drill explained the correct way to hold a softball.

The second covered bringing the ball over your head with a straight arm while having your head straight up and down and your biceps close to your ear.

The drill calls for zero movement of the torso.

I did not tag the proper way to hold a ball as it is something that
the Kidlet has already mastered.

I did tag the second drill.

I had to break the drill down in to smaller pieces.

First I had her just slowly lift her arm straight up so that her hand was over her head with the ball in it. No tags needed.

She did that about ten times.

Then I asked for no bend in the elbow but that the elbow not be hyperextended.

I showed her what I meant and then had her tag me about 10 times with a straight elbow.

Then I added head straight up and down.

When we put it all together Tayja named it Statue of Liberty. I clicked for the Statue of Liberty about ten times.

Next we worked on the windmill arm movement.

The Kidlet was using her upper body to fling her arm into motion.

I clicked for still shoulders for about ten times until she got it.

I explained that it she arched her back slightly ti would help keep the shoulders still.

I showed her what I meant and then had her tag me about 10 times for keeping my shoulders still while I did the windmill motion.

Next we added a pause in the Statue of Liberty position. I clicked at the peak if her elbow was correct.

The entire session was about 50 minutes.
07/06/10 1 Citizenship We use tags (without stating the tag points) for the Kidlet's daily living. Tag Point: Throw away trash.

I marked with the word.

"NICE!" And sent her to get a token. I need to carry tokens in my pockets.
The Kidlet is a hoarder.

Today I thanked her and gave her a token (poker chip) for throwing away bits of paper when she was picking up her stuff from the living room coffee table.

This is major because she tries to save scraps of paper and candy wrappers in case she wants to “make” something out of it later.

No comments: